AuditTrail has only rudimentary admin features - almost all of which are contained in the Options dialog. This article describes that dialog.
From the INBOXES screen
- On the Tools menu
- Click the Options button:
That will bring up the Options Dialog. If you do not have access to this dialog but require it, see Fix Admin Permissions.
- Checked by default, AuditTrail will perform limited validation based on Notes About Audit Signatures
- Checked by default. After rejecting an audit to a stop several places before the current stop, should AuditTrail 'punt' the Audit back to the rejecting stop or send it back through the chain again?
- Checked by default. Some program audits can be split into several partial audits to facilitate simultaneous work by several work centers. Vertical routing disables this feature. The alternative is Flex Routing
- Checked by default. Some units have requested to be able to turn of comments for individual hits.
- Clicking this toggle button will set a flag in the database that will Bring AuditTrail Down for Maintenance kicking everyone out of the system including admins.
- ERT : Estimated Return Time. This time will be shown in the dialog that is presented to users when the database goes down for maintenance.
- Currently logged in users is not always accurate but it should give admins an idea of who is logged in.
- Clear List will clear #7
- Checked by default, this will enable AuditTrail to send email notifications about audits needing work.
- Checked by default, this will have outlook open the email for preview before sending allowing adjustments before sending
- Checked by default, and recommended, this will send any error reports to support.
- Redundant with Lost Audits screen
- Shows user logins since the last database purge
- Purge old Data will purge audits older than 24 months giving a bit of a performance increase
- Sends a fake crash email to devs for testing
- Compacting the data file at least quarterly is recommended for optimum health and performance. This will set a flag such that the last user to exit AuditTrail will automatically compact and repair the data file before closing completely.
- See Import Det Data
- Here you can add special lib days that shouldn't count against the age of the audit route (won't count against the 10 day window). Weekends are always excluded but holidays are not.